Vorarlberg, Austria, local Veto-plebiscite [AVP] - Volksabstimmung nach dem Gemeindegesetz
- Veto-plebiscite [AVP]
- Vorarlberg, Austria
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Volksabstimmung nach dem Gemeindegesetz
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
(2) The mayor may also order a referendum if
a) the municipal council has passed a resolution against a proposal of the mayor or has repeatedly failed to grant a proposal of the mayor for a resolution on an item on the agenda, and
(b) it is not an administrative matter.
(3) Administrative acts addressed to specific persons may not be the subject of a referendum.
(4) The municipality's statement on a change in the population pursuant to § 7, Sub-Clause 1 shall be made on the basis of a referendum, with a separate vote in the part of the territory concerned.
(5) The result of a referendum shall be made public.
Referenxes: Gemeindegesetz, 1985 (accessed Oct. 6, 2018)
Determination of the result of the vote
(2) The Municipal Electoral Authority shall announce the final result of the referendum by posting it on the official board of the municipality and, if there is an Official Gazette ( Municipal Gazette) for the municipality, also in the Official Gazette. If a municipality has a homepage on the Internet, it must also make the result available to the general public on the homepage.
(3) The decision of the people takes the place of the decision of the otherwise competent municipal body. As far as further decisions are necessary, these are to be made by the responsible municipality organ.
References: Landes-Volksabstimmungsgesetz, 1987 (accessed Oct. 6, 2018)
- Subject Matter:
To decide on a resolution passed against a proposal of the mayor or has repeatedly failed to grant a proposal of the mayor for a resolution
- Municipal Council
- Decision maker:
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- No turnout quorum found in legal source
- Approval Quorum:
- Geographical Quorum:
- No geographical quorum found in legal source
- Excluded Issues:
Administrative matter; Administrative acts addressed to specific persons may not be the subject of a referendum.
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance:
The English version here is a courtesy translation!