Pennsylvania, USA, regional Obligatory referendum [LOR] - Submission to the electors: Commonwealth indebtedness
- Obligatory referendum [LOR]
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Submission to the electors: Commonwealth indebtedness
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
TAXATION AND FINANCE
§ 7. Commonwealth indebtedness.
(a) No debt shall be incurred by or on behalf of the Commonwealth except by law and in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(3) Debt may be incurred without limit for purposes specifically itemized in the law authorizing such debt, if the question whether the debt shall be incurred has been submitted to the electors and approved by a majority of those voting on the question.
References: Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (acceessed 10 August 2017)
- Subject Matter:
To adopt law : Debt may be incurred without limit for purposes.
- Decision maker:
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- No turnout quorum mentioned in legal source
- Approval Quorum:
- Majority of voters
- Geographical Quorum:
- No geographical quorum mentioned in legal source
- Excluded Issues:
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance: