Lombardy, Italy, regional Agenda (setting) initiative [PAX] - Iniziativa legislativa popolare
- Agenda (setting) initiative [PAX]
- Lombardy, Italy
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Iniziativa legislativa popolare
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
(Regional laws initiative)
1. The initiative of regional laws belongs to each regional councillor, the President of the Regional Council, the Council of Local Self-Government, at least five thousand voters, each provincial council and municipal councils in numbers not less than five or with a total population of at least twenty-five thousand voters.
2. The initiative is exercised through the presentation to the President of the Regional Council of texts written in articles and accompanied by an explanatory report.
3. The Regional Councillors, when drafting texts, shall make use of the offices set up within the Regional Council.
(People's legislative initiative. Right of petition)
1. The regional law shall regulate the popular initiative for the formation of laws in accordance with Article 34.
2. A popular initiative shall not be admissible in statutory, electoral, financial, fiscal, budgetary, ratification of agreements with foreign states and agreements with territorial authorities within another state or with other regions.
3. The Commission responsible for the Statute shall decide on the admissibility of proposals.
4. Persons residing in Lombardy may, individually or in an associated form, petition the Regional Council to request its intervention on matters of general interest.
References: Statuto d'autonomia della Lombardia, 2008 (accessed April 27, 2020)
No implementation law found.
- Subject Matter:
To suggest a regional law.
- Decision maker:
- Regional Parliament
- Number Of Signatures:
- Available Time:
- No information found
- Geographical Quorum:
- Excluded Issues:
A popular initiative shall not be admissible in statutory, electoral, financial, fiscal, budgetary, ratification of agreements with foreign states and agreements with territorial authorities within another state or with other regions.
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Collection Mode:
- Specify Collection Mode:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance: