Carinthia, Austria, local Plebiscite [ATP] - Volksbefragung
- Plebiscite [ATP]
- Carinthia, Austria
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
(1) The State Government may order a consultation of the people of the State in order to investigate the will of the citizens of the State concerning matters of particular importance in the independent sphere of activity of the State. (..)
(3) Objects from the independent sphere of activity of the Land which exclusively require an individual official decision shall be excluded from a popular consultation.
(4) A popular consultation may be ordered, depending on the regional significance of the matter for the whole country or for parts of the country, but at least for the area of a municipality.
(5) The procedure for the consultation of the people shall be regulated by state law.
References: Kärntner Landesverfassung - K-LVG, 1996 (accessed Oct. 8, 2018)
(1) In order to investigate the will of the citizens of a municipality with regard to objects from the municipality's own sphere of activity which are of particular importance - with the exception of levies, tariffs and objects which exclusively require an individual official decision or other individual personal measure - the municipal council may by ordinance order a public consultation of the municipality (§ 57 para. 1 K-AGO).
(2) A municipal consultation can be ordered according to the importance of the subject for the entire municipality or for parts of the municipality, but at least for the area of an electoral district (§ 49 of the municipal council and mayoral election regulations) (§ 57 para. 2 K-AGO).
(1) The municipal election authority shall correct any errors in the numerical results on the basis of the minutes submitted by all the lower election authorities, determine the overall result of the popular vote and record it in a minute.
(2) The mayor shall announce the results of the municipal consultation on the official board of the municipal office for two weeks, stating the number of valid votes cast for each decision-making option.
References: Kundmachung der Kärntner Landesregierung vom 15. Dezember 1998 über die Gemeindevolksbefragung, 1998 (accessed Oct. 8, 2018)
- Subject Matter:
To investigate the will of the citizens of a municipality with regard to issues from the municipality's own sphere of activity which are of particular importance
- Municipal council
- Municipal Council
- Decision maker:
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- No turnout quorum found in legal source
- Approval Quorum:
- No approval quorum mentioned in legal source
- Geographical Quorum:
- No geographical quorum found in legal source
- Excluded Issues:
Levies, tariffs and issues which exclusively require an individual official decision or other individual personal measure
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance:
The English version here is a courtesy translation!