Bremen, Germany, regional Obligatory referendum [LOR] - Volksentscheid über Gesetz zu Artikel 42 IV.
- Obligatory referendum [LOR]
- Bremen, Germany
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Volksentscheid über Gesetz zu Artikel 42 IV.
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
Article 70 [Subject of the referendum]
(2) A referendum is to be called also in the case of article 42 (4) on a law, approved by Parliament if
(a) Parliament decided the law with less than two-thirds of its members.
Article 72 [Quorum, majority]
(1) A bill or other template referred to in article 70 is accepted by referendum, if the majority of those who cast their votes, but at least one-fifth of the electorate, agrees.
(2) In the case of constitutional amendments on the basis of a referendum, more two-fifths of the electorate for the referendum must vote in favor.
References: LANDESVERFASSUNG der FREIEN HANSESTADT BREMEN, 1947 (accessed Dec. 3, 2019)
- Subject Matter:
To call a referendum in case of a law relating to Art. 42 IV. only if not adopted by 2/3rd of the members of parliament
- Parliament decided with less than 2/3rd of its members
- Decision maker:
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- Approval Quorum:
- Majority of those who cast their votes, but at least one-fifth of the electorate
- Geographical Quorum:
- Excluded Issues:
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance:
The English language version here is provided as a courtesy. The German language text is the official version.