Baden-Württemberg, Germany, regional Plebiscite [ATP] - Volksentscheid (Verfassungsänderung)
- Plebiscite [ATP]
- Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Volksentscheid (Verfassungsänderung)
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
(1) The Constitution may be amended by law. An amendment must not contradict the principles of the republican, democratic and social rule of law. The State Supreme Court will make the decision whether an amendment is allowed, at the request of the Government or a quarter of the members of the Parliament.
(3) The Constitution can be amended by referendum if more than half of the members of the Parliament requested it. (..) The constitutional law is decided, if the majority of the electorate agrees.
(4) Without prior amendment of the Constitution, laws which breach the provisions of the Constitution, may not be adopted.
References: Verfassung des Landes Baden-Württemberg, 1953 (accessed Nov. 6, 2019))
- Subject Matter:
To call a referendum on a constitutional amendment
- More than half of the members of the Parliament
- Decision maker:
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- Approval Quorum:
- More than half of the electorate
- Geographical Quorum:
- Excluded Issues:
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance:
The English language version here is provided as a courtesy. The German language text is the official version.