Abruzzo, Italy, regional Plebiscite [ATP] - Referendum consultivo
- Plebiscite [ATP]
- Abruzzo, Italy
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Referendum consultivo
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
The consultative referendum
2. Consultative referendums may be held on matters of interest to particular categories and sectors of the regional population.
3. The law shall lay down the cases and procedures for holding the consultative referendum.
References: Statuto della Regione Abruzzo, (accessed April 14, 2020)
Consultative referendum pursuant to Article 78(2) of the Statute
Subject of the consultative referendum
1. Pursuant to Article 78, paragraph 2 of the Statutes, the Regional Council may, by an absolute majority of its members, take decisions on the following issues, the holding of a consultative referendum on proposals for regional laws or regional regulations on matters affecting particular categories and sectors of the regional population.
2. Referendums may be held only on proposals duly submitted in accordance with the rules of procedure for the work of the Council.
Request for consultative referendum and admissibility
1. A request for a consultative referendum on the proposals referred to in Article 31 may be made by the voters of the Region in not less than five thousand, calculated on the basis of the total number of them ascertained in the last revision of the lists elections for the election of the Regional Council in office, by several City Councils representing at least one fifth of the inhabitants of the Region, according to the data of the last official census, by two Provincial Councils, by each Councillor regional and the Regional Government.
2. The request for a consultative referendum shall contain:(a) an explanatory report explaining the applicants' intentions and the reasons for the referendum question;
(b) the referendum question, formulated in accordance with Article 5, as compatible.
3. Articles 7, 8 and 9 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the request for a consultative referendum submitted by voters.
4. The request for a consultative referendum shall be deposited with the Presidency of the Regional Council for subsequent referenda to the Regional College for Statutory Guarantees which, within sixty days, expresses an opinion by an absolute majority of its members on the admissibility on the basis of compliance with the requirements of Article 31, as well as the existence of the interest of the Region at the holding of the referendum.
5. The submission of a request for an advisory referendum shall suspend the procedure for examining and approving the draft laws or regulations to which the request refers.
6. The Regional Council shall take a decision on the request for a referendum within fifteen days of the request being included in the order of the referendum.
7. The decision referred to in paragraph 6, which allows the consultative referendum to be held, shall contain the question to be addressed to the following persons voters as well as the territorial scope within which the referendum is called.
1. The provisions of Chapter III for the holding of the consultative referendum shall be observed, as applicable, in order to carry out of the abrogative referendum on the constitution of the electoral offices, voting and polling operations, and the proclamation of results and complaints.
2. The consultative referendum shall be valid regardless of the number of persons entitled to vote in it.
3. The President of the Region shall ensure the publication of the result of the referendum in the Official Bulletin of the Abruzzo Region.
Outcome of the referendum and effectiveness
1. The procedure for the examination and approval of bills or regulations submitted to a referendum shall resume after the publication in the official bulletin of the Abruzzo Region of the results of the referendum.
2. If the draft laws or regulations submitted to a referendum continue their course, the final act of approval shall acknowledge of the referendum that took place, and explain any discrepancies in its content with the outcome of the referendum.
3. If the final act of approval referred to in paragraph 2 is of a legislative nature, the information referred to in paragraph 2 shall be contained in the report on the draft drawn up by the relevant Council committee.
References: Disciplina del referendum abrogativo, consultivo e dell’iniziativa legislativa. (accessed April 14, 2020)
- Subject Matter:
To call a plebiscite on proposals for regional laws or regional regulations on matters affecting particular categories and sectors of the regional population.
- Citizens, Councillors, Local authorities
- Regional Parliament
- Decision maker:
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- 50% of the electorate
- Approval Quorum:
- Majority of valid votes
- Geographical Quorum:
- Excluded Issues:
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance:
The English version here is a courtesy translation only.