Aosta Valley, Italy, regional Plebiscite [ATP] - Referendum consultivo
- Plebiscite [ATP]
- 11100 Aosta, Aosta Valley, Italy
- Political level
- Local Name:
- Referendum consultivo
- Normative Level:
- Legally Binding:
- Legally Defined:
ORGANS OF THE REGION
These are organs of the Region: the Valley Council, the Regional Government and the President of the Region 5.
In harmony with the Constitution and the principles of the legal system of the Republic and with the observance of the provisions of this Title, the regional law, approved with the absolute majority of the assigned councillors, (...) as well as the exercise of the right of popular initiative of the regional laws and of the regional abrogative, proactive and consultative referendum. (..)
References: Legge costituzionale 26 febbraio 1948, n. 4, STATUTO SPECIALE PER LA VALLE D’AOSTA (accessed April 14, 2020)
(Initiative and holding of the referendum)
1. Before proceeding with the adoption of legislative or administrative measures of particular general importance, the Consiglio della Valle may decide, by an absolute majority of its members, to hold a consultative referendum in order to ascertain the orientation of the voters on the measures themselves.
The request for a consultative referendum may be made by the Regional Government, or by at least one third of the regional councillors, (..) within one month of the legislative or administrative measure of particular general importance being sent to the Consiglio della Valle.
2. The deliberation of the Council of the Valley establishing the conduct of the consultative referendum contains the question to be addressed to the voters.
3. The President of the Region shall, by decree, call a consultative referendum within ten days of the transmission of the Council resolution referred to in paragraph 1 by the President of the Consiglio della Valle.
(Outcome of the referendum)
1. The consultative referendum shall be valid regardless of the number of voters who participated in it.
2. The President of the Region shall ensure that the result of the referendum is published in the Official Gazette of the Region.
References: Legge regionale 25 giugno 2003, n. 19 Disciplina dell'iniziativa legislativa popolare, del referendum propositivo, abrogativo e consultivo, ai sensi dell'articolo 15, secondo comma, dello Statuto speciale. (accessed April 14, 2020)
- Subject Matter:
To call a plebiscite on a proposal of a legislative or administrative measures of particular general importance.
- Regional government or 1/3rd of MPs
- Absolute majority of Parliament
- Decision maker:
- Regional electorate
- Available Time:
- Turnout Quorum:
- Approval Quorum:
- Majority of valid votes
- Geographical Quorum:
- Excluded Issues:
Legislative or administrative measures of particular general importance only
- Other Formal Requirements:
- Wording Of Ballot Question:
- Interaction With Authorities:
- Supervision And Support:
- Transparency And Finance:
The English version here is a courtesy translation only.